Well I was just informed that I’m getting screwed by Blue Cross and it’s Medicare supplement 65 Advantage. Went to set up an appointment for my Remicade infusion when my insurance kicks in and was informed that Blue Cross made an adjustment this year on its coverage. Basically what it comes down to is that I have no coverage for that treatment. Well technically they do cover it but you don’t have any coverage until your total annual deductible is used up. Until then all you get is the 80% that Medicare pays, the other 20% is on you until the deductable of $7600 is covered. What that means is I have to pay around $1500 a treatment. At every 8 weeks it means they’ll start giving me coverage sometime around Dec 2012 for maybe half of my 20%. So wtf am I paying a damned premium for? Guess I’ll have to talk to the doc about some of the self injectables as they’ll be covered under the drug plan, I hope. Problem there is they can take up to 3 months to kick in vs. the 2 days the Remicade takes. Oh well, time to go health care shopping again.
Thanks for the listen.